Home » Profile » History


Founded by the Matawin Fishing Club, a private American fishing club, Pourvoirie Trudeau dates back to 1892. In 1973 Mr. Lucien Trudeau acquired the club making it accessible to everyone.

In l999, the Auger brothers became the new owners, at which time it became the object of extensive development, enabling fishermen and vacationers alike to make the most of this natural paradise:

  • New routes for easy access throughout the territory
  • Construction of 12 new chalets
  • Addition of parks and outdoor equipment
  • Beaches
  • And much more

Their efforts were all worthwhile when Pourvoirie Trudeau was granted 4 awards for Quebec Tourism. Customer appreciation is proven with repeat reservations.

With the acquisition of l’Auberge la Glacière in 2001, PT now offers a choice of 36 chalets, fully equipped or rustic) as well as 30 rooms at the inn and seasonal commodities.